Sunday, October 18, 2009

Making Choices

One day you are sitting envying the opportunities friends have taken and with a quick decision you become part of the adventure.

The opportunity to make travelling a real adventure has always been a distant dream, but with a few coincidental choices the dream is now a reality.

The first choice was that fitness needed to become a part of my life so over the summer I started running, took up weight lifting and enrolled in Yoga. All great choices, that I have totally enjoyed. I feel better, think I look better and can almost keep up with 38 year olds.

When a friend shared that she was travelling to Thailand in October for a biking , hiking and kayaking adventure, I was envious! A few emails and phone calls later and I am booked to join her for the adventure of a lifetime. The second great choice was to investigate the opportunity to join her. Thank goodness for all that exercise!! Not only are we travelling around the world, muscle power is required. I am confident I cn keep up!

Thirty (30) days later I have had all my shots. Yes, I feel like a new puppy.LOL I have bought a new backpack and all the supplies for hiking through rice paddies, up into the jungle and for sleeping under the stars. Not yet packed everything is scattered accross the bed waiting to be checked off the list of supplies required for the adventure. I beleive I have made all the right choices , that it will all weigh less than 33lbs and I can carry the pack comfortably. Here is hoping!

5 more sleeps, if I can sleep, with a nervous stomach and excited anticipation , I can hardly wait to start the adventure.

What will be the next choice as the 2 Cathy's take on the world ??

1 comment:

  1. hey!! just popped by to read your blog on recommendation of my aunt, bev h. -- i love it!! i cant wait to read more on ur adventures -- and if ur interested, im doing my own travelling adventure (in australia now) and have been updating a blog for it at: http://shalanehopkins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete