Monday, November 30, 2009

Preparing for Vegas

While away on my adventure in Thailand, my husband was awarded a 3 day trip to Vegas in December. Skpe is a beautiful communication medium and as I sat in an Internet cafe in Ao Nang, he shared his news. Somehow I remembered that friends were running a 1/2 marathon in Vegas that same weekend. Next thing you know we are booked to run too. I think after my adventures trekking through the jungle I thought I could do anything.LOL

My training scheduled suddenly got boosted from running a 1/2 in April to running 3weeks after returning from Thailand. And you know I was training in Thailand. NOT. Well, hopefully the hiking, biking and kayaking helped a little or a lot!

Since returning home we are runnong 10 km a day, topping of with 17km yesterday. Yes my longest run ever, completed in 2 hours 12 minutes. Today I rest, and a small run Tuesday and Wednesday. THursday I pack and we are off. Can I do it? Absolutley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment